Scott Goode, Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Information
BENTONVILLE, Ark. – The 12th-ranked Harding softball team won both games on the final day of the UAM Softball Challenge. The Lady Bisons defeated Northwest Missouri 1-0 and Central Missouri 5-2.
Game One Key Innings (No. 12 Harding 1, Northwest Missouri 0)
– Harding scored its only run of the game in the fourth. Peyton Millssingled up the middle and then stole second. Katie Carney then drove her in on a single.
Game One Key Statistics
– Peyton Mills and Katie Carney each had two hits with Carney going 2-for-2.
– Northwest Missouri had three hits in the game.
– Emily Garrett picked up her first collegiate win with a complete game shutout. She gave up three hits and struck out five against 26 batters.
– Taylor Blackford received the loss, giving up four hits and one earned run.
Game Two Key Innings (No. 12 Harding 5, Central Missouri 2)
– Harding got on the board first in the fourth inning with Amanda Fieldshad a RBI ground out and Madison Leggett hit her first collegiate home run.
– Central Missouri tied the game in the sixth on three hits and a Harding error. The Jennis had RBI singles by Courtni Smith and Aubrey Daniel.
– The Lady Bisons broke the tie in the sixth scoring three runs on three hits. Katlyn Gordon singled in two runs and Lindsey Duncan singled in the third run.
Game Two Key Statistics
– Each team had seven hits in the game. All of Harding’s hits came from seven different players.
– Katlyn Gordon picked up her career multiple RBI game.
– Emily Garrett picked up the win in 1 1/3 innings of relief. She gave up two hits and struck out one. Amanda Berry started the game and went 5 2/3 innings and struck out five.
– Alexa Bradley received the loss in two innings of relief.
– The Lady Bisons will be back in action next weekend when it plays six games at the UAM Softball Classic in Bentonville, Arkansas. First pitch is schedule for Friday at 9 a.m. against Rogers State.