STEPHENVILLE, Texas – The Harding volleyball team defeated Southwest Baptist 3-0 (25-9, 25-20, 25-20) and Midwestern State 3-0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-18) Saturday on the final day of the Tarleton State Invitational.
Zoe Hardin and Rachel Heussner were named to the All-Tournament team.
Harding improves to 3-1.
Southwest Baptist falls to 0-3 and Midwestern State falls to 2-2.
SOUTHWEST BAPTIST MATCH
After scoring the first five points, Harding only gave up nine points in the set as it won 25-9. The Lady Bisons only had three attack errors.
Trailing 7-4 in the second set, Harding went on a 17-5 run to lead 21-12. The Lady Bisons won the set 25-20. Harding had 15 kills in the set.
With the third set tied at 14, Harding went on an 8-3 run to lead 22-17. Southwest Baptist then scored the next three points to pull within two, 22-20. Harding had back-to-back kills and a Southwest Baptist attack error to win the set 25-20.
– Zoe Hardin led Harding with 13 kills, hitting .600. She also had three blocks and three service aces.
– Taylor Lake had 14 digs to lead the defense.
– Harding had eight blocks led by Emily Smith who had four.
– Harding held Southwest Baptist to hitting .000 and forced 25 attack errors.
– Greyson Roster led Southwest Baptist with seven kills and four blocks.
– Sam Ibarra had six blocks.
MIDWESTERN STATE MATCH
Trailing 7-6, Harding scored 12 of the next 16 points to lead 18-11. The Lady Bisons only allowed one more point and won the set 25-12.
With the second set tied at four, Harding went on a 14-1 run to lead 18-5. The Lady Bisons won the set 25-12. Harding held Midwestern State to hitting -.147 in the set.
Midwestern State took an early 4-1 lead in the third set until Harding went on a 13-4 run to lead 14-8. Harding had four straight kills to win 25-18. The Lady Bisons had 19 kills in the set and hit .419.
– Amber Robin and Zoe Hardin each had nine kills in the match.
– Emily Smith had eight kills on nine attempts to hit .889.
– Amber Robin led the defense with 12 digs.
– Addy Cook led Midwestern State with 11 kills.
– Midwestern State hit .020 in the match and had 24 attack errors.
Harding head coach Meredith Fear, “Feels good to have two 3-0 sweeps for the day. The team played very consistent and applied a lot of defensive pressure. We plan to get back in the gym this week and work on terminating, earning points and playing our style of volleyball.”
Harding will head to Indianapolis, Indiana next weekend to take part in the UINDY Tournament. First match will be against Colorado School of Mines at 11:30 a.m., Friday.