Scott Goode, Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations
MAGNOLIA – The Harding volleyball team had four players in double-figure kills as the Lady Bisons defeated Southern Arkansas 3-1 (25-18, 20-25, 25-23, 25-11) Thursday in Great American Conference action.
Harding improves to 16-9 overall and 7-5 in the GAC.
Southern Arkansas falls to 3-20 overall and 1-11 in the GAC.
Trailing 8-7 in the first set, Harding went on a 5-1 run on three kills to lead 12-9. Leading 17-16, the Lady Bisons scored eight of the next 10 points to win the set 25-18. Harding hit .345 in the set with Ally Stoner having four kills.
Trailing 9-8 in the second set, Southern Arkansas went on a 7-0 run to lead 15-9. Harding answered back with a 7-3 run to pull within two, 18-16. The Muleriders won the next three points and then went on to win the set 25-20. Southern Arkansas held Harding to hitting .105 in the set.
Tied at 13 in the third set, Southern Arkansas took a 19-15 lead on a 6-2 run. Trailing 23-18, Harding went on a 7-0 run on four kills and three service aces by Emma Winiger to win the set 25-23. The Lady Bisons had 15 kills in the set led by Logan Smith who had six.
Leading 8-5 in the fourth set, Harding went on an 8-2 run on five kills to lead 16-7. The Lady Bisons won nine of the next 13 points all on kills to win the set 25-11. Harding had 20 kills in the set and hit .528 with only one attack error. Ally Stoner had seven kills in the set and Libby Hinton had six.
– Harding had 58 kills and hit .331 in the match.
– The Lady Bisons were led by Ally Stoner who had a season-high 14 kills and hit .407.
– Libby Hinton had 13 kills and hit .571 for Harding. She also had four blocks.
– Logan Smith captured a double-double with 12 kills and 14 digs.
– Kelli McKinnon had 10 kills, hit .467 and had four blocks in the match.
– Katherine Cowart led the defense with 16 digs. Kinley Schnell also had 11 digs.
– Seven Powers led Southern Arkansas with 11 kills.
– Abby Bermudez had 10 kills for the Muleriders.
– Southern Arkansas had 52 kills and hit .205 in the match.
Harding will be back in action at home Tuesday when it hosts Ouachita Baptist at 6 p.m., at the Rhodes-Reaves Field House.