Paul Smith, Associate Athletic Director
ARKADELPHIA – Arkansas Tech won its fifth consecutive women’s tennis match on Sunday, defeating Northwest Missouri State, 5-3.
- Arkansas Tech will travel to Pensacola, Fla. for two non-conference matches on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Golden Suns will face West Alabama on Tuesday, March 20, at 2 p.m., before taking on West Florida at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Golden Suns (7-1) took two of three points in doubles action, including Katharina Drebka and Kami Ward’s second consecutive win at the No. 1 doubles position.
- Katie Harris and Julia Schoch combined for an 8-5 win at No. 3 doubles, their third straight win to move to 3-0 this spring.
- After the Bearcats evened the dual, 2-2, with a win at No. 2 singles, Schoch gave the Suns back the lead with her team-leading sixth singles win of the spring.
- Kami Ward gave Tech a 4-2 lead after winning the No. 4 singles match, and Annabel Rowlands later secured the victory for Arkansas Tech with a 6-2; 6-3 win at No. 5 singles.
- (No. 1 Doubles) – Katharina Drebka/Kami Ward (Tech) def. Luiza Souza/Julie Rinderknech (NWMSU) 8-4
- (No. 2 Doubles) – Tania Teruel/Irene Recuenco (NWMSU) def. Annabel Rowlands/Teresa Sanchez (Tech) 8-1
- (No. 3 Doubles) – Katie Harris/Julia Schoch (Tech) def. Marta Ferrando/Tess Lovig (NWMSU) 8-5
- (No. 1 Singles) – Tania Teruel (NWMSU) def. Katharina Drebka (Tech) 6-3; 6-2
- (No. 2 Singles) – Irene Recuenco (NWMSU) def. Teresa Sanchez (Tech) 6-4; 6-2
- (No. 3 Singles) – Julia Schoch (Tech) def. Marta Ferrando (NWMSU) 6-1; 6-3
- (No. 4 Singles) – Kami Ward (Tech) def. Julie Rinderknech (NWMSU) 6-2; 6-3
- (No. 5 Singles) – Annabel Rowlands (Tech) def. Tess Lovig (NWMSU) 6-2; 6-3
- (No. 6 Singles) – Megan Bell (Tech) vs. Luiza Souza (NWMSU) 6-3; 3-0, unfinished
ORDER OF FINISH
- Doubles – 2, 1, 3
- Singles – 2, 3, 4, 1, 5