Paul Smith, Associate Athletic Director
EDMOND, Okla.– Paty Loredo had a two-hit performance and Gaby Vasquez notched a pair of RBIs as the No. 12 Arkansas Tech Golden Suns softball team (47-14) forced the “if necessary” game with a 4-2 win over No. 1 Central Oklahoma (47-6) on Saturday at Broncho Stadium.
- The Golden Suns and Central Oklahoma will play the “if necessary” game beginning at 2:30 p.m.
- Tech 1st– T. Riley reached on a fielder’s choice, RBI; M. Goodnight out at second 2b to ss; S. Henson scored, unearned. (Tech 1, UCO 0)
- UCO 2nd–L. Dobson advanced to third on a wild pitch; C. Jones scored on a wild pitch. (Tech 1, UCO 1)
- Tech 2nd–G. Vasquez doubled to left center, 2 RBI; M. Addis scored; A. Maeder scored. (Tech 3, UCO 1)
- Tech 2nd–S. Henson singled up the middle, RBI; G. Vasquez scored. (Tech 4, UCO 1)
- UCO 4th–C. Webb doubled to left center, RBI; A. Eicher advanced to third, out at home cf to ss to c; L. Dobson scored. (Tech 4, UCO 2)
- Ashton Sangster made a home run-saving catch in the first inning, reaching over the centerfield wall to pull back a shot off the bat of UCO third baseman JoBi Heath.
- Paty Loredo had two hits in the win.
- Megan Goodnight threw two hitless innings to notch the save.
- Dempsey notched the win after scattering four hits in 4.2 innings, allowing two runs, walking five and fanning one.
- Winning Pitcher: Kristen Dempsey (16-4)
- Losing Pitcher: Bailey McKittrick (26-2)
- Save: Megan Goodnight (3)