Cody Usher, Sports Information Director
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – The Hendrix College men’s basketball team picked up their fourth consecutive win by defeating Berry College 63-54 in Southern Athletic Association action on the road Friday night.
The Warriors (8-8, 4-2) led 20-14 with 13:19 left in the first half, but the Vikings (5-12, 1-5) ended the period with a 20-6 run to take a 34-26 advantage into the break. Berry pushed their lead to 11 early in the second half, but Hendrix would outscore the hosts 37-20 in the period. The Orange & Black went on a 16-0 run over an eight-minute span to take control of the game. The Warriors maintained at least an eight-point lead in the final two minutes of the game.
Hendrix shot 39.1 percent (18-of-46) overall, 8-of-23 from three-point range and 19-of-31 at the line. They also recorded 39 rebounds, 13 assists, 20 turnovers, three blocks and 12 steals. Berry shot 33.9 percent (20-of-59) overall, 5-of-23 from outside and 9-of-19 at the line with 41 boards, 10 assists, 16 turnovers, four blocks and 13 steals.
– Sophomore guard Preston Smith led the Warriors with 18 points, hitting four three-pointers.
– Senior guard Hank Aldous recorded 11 points, four rebounds, four assists and two blocks.
– Senior guard Travis Garrett had 10 points, five boards and three steals.
– Freshman guard Jacob Link came up with nine points, a season-best 11 rebounds, six assists, a block and four steals.
– Sophomore forward Bryce Batchelor registered six points and five rebounds off the bench.
– Senior center Gearen Littlefield pulled down five rebounds as well.
– Tanner Spalding led the Vikings with 18 points to go with four rebounds.
– Nick Marder had five points, six rebounds and four steals.
– Alton McCloud recorded six points, five rebounds, four assists and three steals.
– Blake Jones added four points, six rebounds and four assists.
Hendrix will look for their fifth straight win at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta on Sunday.